16 Mar 2020
Dear parents, caregivers and communities,
Wyong High School is working with the Department of Education to implement the most up to date guidelines around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and consequently putting into place processes as they are recommended to us.
NSW Public schools currently remain open, but we are being encouraged to practice ‘Social Distancing’ and good hygiene practices. The latest advice from the Department can be found at https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety/novel-coronavirus and is updated as required.
In light of this:
- Roll call will be in rooms for the foreseeable future
We have cancelled our daily assemblies
- At this stage all community events and excursions are postponed or cancelled
- Non-essential staff meetings will be moved to online platforms
- We are ensuring hand wash is available in all bathrooms
- We are putting together a plan to support students to learn remotely should they be required to self-isolate or if the school is required to close
- We will be contacting parents & caregivers if students present with flu like symptoms and request that they return home.
We ask our families that they:
- Keep their child/ren at home if they feel unwell with flu-like symptoms
- Notify the school if any family member is confirmed to have the virus
- Be patient with staff as teacher absence may have an impact on who is teaching regular classes
We ask our families that they adhere to government media releases related to 14 day self-isolation, including returning from overseas travel and keeping the school informed.
Area health will be in direct contact with our school in regards to any potential health risk related to COVID-19, and the school will act accordingly
Please download the Skoolbag App as this is our main communication platform with our families https://www.moqproducts.com.au/skoolbag/installation-instructions/.
There is also a NSW Department of Education App which will provide up to date information about potential school closures https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/practical-help-for-parents-and-carers/nsw-school-updates-app.
We will continue to keep our families updated as we continue to receive new information each day. Thank you for your continued support.