At Wyong High School we are proud to have two dedicated support personnel:
Careers Adviser, Ms Connally, works with students in years 7-12 to assist with career development, workplace learning opportunities and post school aspirations.
Career and Transition Adviser, Ms Nagy, works with school based apprentices and trainees and assists students to transition from school into successful employment and training pathways.
Career development opportunities at Wyong High School include:
• Career workshops to build and maintain a positive self-concept
• Timetabled Careers classes
• Work Experience opportunities
• Subject Selection preparation and formal interviews
• Student Pathway Survey and Career Plans
• Youth engagement strategies
• External career workshops e.g. Try-A-Skill, Central Coast Careers Expo
• School Based Apprenticeship/Traineeship (SBAT) applications and work trials
• White Card training
• Certificate 1 Hospitality opportunities
• Individual career interviews
• Guest Speakers
• 2 Unit Work Studies
• Preparation for Tertiary studies including assistance with course selection, scholarships, alternate entry to university
• Excursions to tertiary institution open days
Students have access to the Wyong High School careers website which is updated regularly for school events, employment opportunities, open days, courses and relevant career building resources.